Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Second day of visits!

Today was another great day.  For the first time since we left home I got a good night's sleep!  Yeah!!  We had breadfast at the hotel, hung out in the room for a little bit and then headed out to the group home for our visit.

 When we got there she warmed up to us right away.  I had a terrible headache, so Daryl spent the most time with her.  She just came alive with him.  She loves be bounced, and love playing on the play mat with the ping pong ball we brought.  With some experimenting we found that the she enjoyed rough housing.  She loved it when Daryl would roll her over from her tummy to her back, and also if he slid her across the mat.  But her favorite was being spun around.  She would laugh and laugh and laugh!  We were delighted.


At the end of our visit they asked if I would feed her lunch again, and of course I said yes.  So our visit was more like 2 1/2 hours instead of the planned 2 hours.  We didn't mind!
She loves to talk and has a great time expressing herself!

But she also loves her cuddle time too!

After our visit we went out for lunch at a different restaurant and the food was very good, but the dish I ordered was very spicey.  But I enjoyed it and did not suffer from any problems, so it was all good!

After lunch we returned to the hotel and we looked at the photos and videos we took, but I was so sleepy that I was soon snoozing!  We woke up with very little time before we were to meet with our driver again, so I quickly uploaded a few videos to Facebook and we left.  When we got to the group home, the first thing we did was take her out in the stroller to get her VISA photos taken.  We had to walk a few blocks but that was fine.  At the photopraphers, (not very proffessional place0 she had us put her on a stool, which was quite wobbly.  Christy was very insecured and on the verge of frightened.  It was challenging to be able to hold her and stay out of the photos, but eventually we got what we needed and headed back.

We took her out to the back yard again and sat and I tried pushing her in the basket style swing, but she didnot like it.  We held her on the bench for a while but she was very laid  back and not interested in playing.  She wouldn't even repond much, if at all, to Daryl's attempts to play.  She just seemed very tired and wanted to snuggle.  While Daryl was snuggling with her another little boy that we had met earlier came up to us and was fascinated by the camera.  he climbed up in my lap and watched as I showed him the photos and videos on the camera - he just loved it.  He was on my lap for at least 1/2 hour even!  This little boy's dimple and smile are amazing.  He has no speech, but he's a very sweet little boy and gets so excited at being near us that he shakes!

We decided to take her inside to see if she's be more comfortable in there.  After a little while I was able to get her to begin to respond to me and we had a great time.  I have found out that she is ticklish and she also loves to have her hair played with or to have my smooth her hair.


At 6 when our visit was to end, they asked if I'd feed her dinner as they were short handed (2 ladies for 10 special needs children) so we stayed until 6:30.  The little boy came out and stood by me for a long time while I was feeding her.  He just seemed to want to be with us.

After that we went to have dinner, and ordered a dessert to take back to the hotel.  Then we skyped with the children plus Jeremy and Samantha got added in.  It was great to heard everyone (we couldn't get the video to work on a three way call).  Soon I will go to bed and I am hoping for another good night's sleep!  Talk to you all tomorrow!









1 comment:

  1. so enjoying reading about all your adventure's and most importantly the getting to know your new daughter, she is perfect!

    ReplyDelete